Bad Brothers MaTaCa High Altitude Blend

£22.00

Item Available

Producer: Agustin Lanus
Vintage: 2017
Alcohol: 14.5%

Colour: Deep purple
Nose: Red fruit, floral, fig jam
Palate: Smooth, red fruit

Item Available

SKU: ARG_RED_BAD_BROTHERS_MATACA Category: Tags: , ,

Description

Why we love it
Three great grape varietals, one fantastic high-altitude Argentinian blend.

Tasting notes
Deep purple in colour. Aromas of red fruit, violets, roses and fig jam on the nose. A full-bodied but easy-drinking wine, bringing together the fruitiness and smoothness of Malbec, the volume and structure of Tannat, and the elegance of Cabernet Sauvignon.

Food pairing
Try with braised lamb, duck confit, cassoulet or strong blue cheeses.

Additional information
The grapes come from vineyards in and around the town of Cafayate, 1,700 metres above sea level. The blend is 61% Malbec, 20% Tannat and 19% Cabernet Sauvignon.

The grapes were hand harvested and fermented in stainless steel. This was followed by 15 months of aging in-tank with French-oak staves for 70% of the wine, with the other 30% in French-oak barrels, then 10 months of bottle aging.

Additional information

Type of wine

Style / body

,

Grape varieties

, ,

Food match

, , ,

Vegetarian

Vegan

Organic

Biodynamic

Go to Top