q Specogna Friulano - corkage.co.uk

Specogna Friulano

£21.00

Item Available

Producer: Specogna
Vintage: 2021
Alcohol: 13.5%

Colour: Intense yellow
Nose: Spice, citrus, almond, exotic fruit
Palate: Fruity, spicy

Item Available

SKU: ITA_WHI_SPECOGNA_FRIULANO Category: Tag:

Description

Why we love it
A powerful wine with aromas of exotic fruit and white-pepper notes, from one of the most famous white grape varieties in the Friuli region of north-eastern Italy.

Tasting notes
Intense yellow in colour. On the nose, spicy with notes of citrus, almond and exotic fruit, along with hints of white peach and white pepper. Structured on the palate, with good acidity and harmonious fruity and spicy complexity. The typical aftertaste of the grape variety of almond and exotic fruit is very persistent.

Food pairing
Traditionally drunk as an aperitif in Friuli, the wine is a good match for charcuterie and fresh cheeses. It also works well with salads and green-vegetable dishes.

Additional information
The grapes for this wine come from a small vineyard in Rocca Bernarda. Planting dates range from 1963 to 2000 and the vineyard lies at approximately 150 metres above sea level on a north-east facing slope. The soils are a mixture of sandstone and marl.

The grapes were harvested by hand. After destemming and soft crushing, the must was chilled to between 7 and 8°C and then macerated on the skins for 12 hours at low temperatures. Following racking, the must underwent fermentation with indigenous yeasts in stainless-steel tanks. The majority (90%) of the wine remained in tank with lees stirring every 20 days. The remaining 10% was transferred to 1500-litre oak barrels with lees stirring every 10 days. After eight months, the wine was blended and bottled.

Additional information

Country

Type of wine

Style / body

,

Grape varieties

Food match

, , ,

Vegetarian

Vegan

Organic

Biodynamic

Go to Top